When it comes to extreme weather events in Queensland, it’s not a matter of ‘if’ but ‘when’, and this year there is a 74% chance of more cyclones than average. St Michael’s is currently undertaking steps to prepare for the upcoming cyclone season, including ensuring contacts are up to date and accurate, to assist in communications in the event of a severe weather event. We may be in contact to confirm details.
Whilst these events can always be distressing, as Queenslanders we always show a strong resilience and community spirit, and through this, we always get through. If our school is affected by a cyclone, storm surge or other event, we will keep you apprised of the school’s situation through St Michael’s SMS, email and Seesaw, in line with state and local emergency advice.
We can’t control or prevent these events, but we can be prepared. We recommend that every family gets prepared with the Get Ready Queensland initiative here, and create their own Dangerous Weather Emergency Plan here.Should it be necessary to close the school in the event of an emergency, such as a cyclone, information will also be sent to local media. Parents will also receive an emergency sms and email message. It is important to keep your contact information recorded with the school up to date.
What should parents do when advised the school is closing during the school day?
- Parents should collect their children IMMEDIATELY from schools and after-school care.
- Immediate collection of your child will assist the school in an efficient closure process and will give school staff the opportunity to collect their own children from other schools/services.
- Your cooperation in this matter is greatly appreciated.
Theme sponsored by: Adderall website where you can buy Adderall online buyadderall.com and learn about how Adderall and how modafinil works buymodafinilonline365.com. You can learn about how to buy modafinil online from USA and how modafinil works. Also find out how Modafinil works when you are planning on buying Modafinil online
Bus Procedure for Pete’s Bridge Flooding
- Bus company will contact the school to let us know if the bridge is going over at Goldsborough.
- The school will contact parents if the bus in not running.
- Parents need to contact the bus company if there is a query on the bus service.
- If students are taken by bus and the bus is unable to cross the bridge, the students will be returned to the school.
- The school will contact parents if students are returned to the school.
- Parents will need to make arrangements regarding collecting children from the school.