When St Michael’s School was opened and blessed in 1923, it was placed under the patronage of St Alphonsus, and was known by this name during its early years of service. The original school was located in Muir Street and has now been converted into a Parish Hall. The present St Michael’s school was opened in December 1959. The Sisters of Mercy ran the school from 1923 – 1990, and the community owes a great deal to these women who worked in our Parish.
St Michael – the Archangel is the Patron Saint of the School.