St Michael’s School aims to assist with the full development of your child’s spiritual, academic, social and emotional education. Our mission involves rising to the challenges of social, cultural, economic and technological change in the context of gospel values and the teachings of the Catholic Church.
Assessment and reporting is ongoing throughout the year in various forms and opportunities. The cycle of reporting to parents include:
- A general information session for parents informs parents about aspects of curriculum and the forms of assessment that will be used.
- Parent/Teacher interviews are held towards the end of Term 1. It is highly recommended that you attend these face-to-face or by telephone.
- A full written report can be downloaded from the Parent Portal at the end of Term 2. This report includes Effort, and Personal and Social Development.
- At the end of Term 3, student work and self-assessment are presented by your child in a Learning Journey Interview.
- Parent/Teacher interviews are held towards the end of Term 3. It is highly recommended that you attend these face-to-face or by telephone.
- A full written report can be downloaded from the Parent Portal at the end of Term 4. This report includes Effort and Work Habits.
Parents are welcome to arrange an interview with teachers if they wish to know more about their student’s progress.
Student report cards can be downloaded from the Parent Portal. Snapshots of NAPLAN results can also be viewed on the portal.
It is important to understand that the traditional end of term reporting is a ‘snapshot’ in time observed at a particular moment of the assessment. Assessment is ongoing and continuous.