Our contemporary Library incorporates flexible learning spaces to accommodate whole class, small group and individual learning. In addition to this, the traditional practice of borrowing literature for reading for pleasure and information will continue.
Borrowing is limited to the following per week:
- Prep to Year 2 – 2 books and 3 home readers.
- Years 3 to 6 – up to 2 books and home readers as required.
All students are required to use a cloth or plastic book bag. Replacement/costs for damaged or lost books are the responsibility of parents at $15 per book.
The school participates in the Scholastic Book Club scheme. Brochures outlining details of the books, their appropriateness for the child’s reading level and interests are sent home to enable choices. All orders must be placed online as cash payments are not able to be processed. To order visit: www.scholastic.com.au/LOOP.
To ensure the appropriate use of mobile phones and personal electronic devices by students and the maintenance of effective teaching and learning environments, a policy has been developed. This can be viewed here.
- Devices can be left for safe keeping at the administration office at the beginning of the school day and collected by students after school.
- If students need to contact parents during school hours, they are to use the school phones in the administration office.
- Parents and carers needing to get a message to their child/ren can phone the school on 4258 4100 and a message will be passed on by our administration staff in a timely manner (eg change to after school pickup arrangements).
Class and individual school photos are taken in Term 1 each year. Sibling photos are taken upon request and require a separate order form which can be collected from the school office. Information about photo dates and how to order photos is emailed to parents and explained in our school newsletter. The media consent status for your child can be updated by contacting the school office.
Lost property is kept outside the Tuckshop. Parents are asked to encourage children to check this collection when items are lost. It is essential that all property, especially hats and jumpers, be marked clearly with the child’s name. At the end of each term any unclaimed items are donated to St Vincent de Paul.
Children are welcome to celebrate their birthday with their classmates. Celebrations may vary from class to class with some ideas being:
- bring in a small treat such as cupcakes. Individual serves are preferred rather than a whole cake. We do have a number of children with allergies in the school so please check with your child’s teacher so that you are aware of any such allergies.
- bring in small iceblocks.
- bring in a favourite storybook that can be shared with the class.