St Michael’s is a well-equipped and highly resourced school. The classrooms are relatively new or refurbished providing an environment which is conducive to learning.
We are always looking to improve our facilities.
- In 2022 we opened a free Playgroup for the Gordonvale Community, expanding to 2 days a week in 2023. The Playgroup meets in our school hall.
- In 2021 an upgrade to our basketball court area was completed, making it weather-proof,. This large undercover multi-purpose court enables physical education lessons to occur out of the harsh sun and rain.
- In 2019 we increased our outside learning spaces by weather proofing outside our junior classrooms and eating areas. We also improved our facilities with the addition of eating tables for both the junior and senior eating areas.
- In 2018 we completed a major building upgrade that was part of the master planning. We thank the Federal Government for their support. This enables the school to be double stream with great contemporary learning spaces.
- In 2012, an extension to our library was completed which provides for additional resources for the teaching and learning of digital technologies.
- During 2010 and 2011, a brand new library was built with an interactive whiteboard and mobile furniture, enabling flexible learning experiences to occur.
Master planning of the school involves the redevelopment of the grounds, facilitating improved and safe places for the children to play and learn. The school’s Parent Community Group is also very active in assisting us with our direction for how we can improve our school community. Our school is actively working towards the addition of a Nature Playground.