I warmly welcome you and your family to the St Michael’s website and our school. On behalf of the St Michael’s School community, I hope that this will be the beginning of a long and lasting association with our school. We are here to support you as the first educators of your children. We trust that you will always feel welcome. As we work together for the education of your children, I sincerely hope that the time will be spent in cooperation and mutual support.
The expectations for each child and parent wishing to enrol at St Michael’s are to strive to uphold the values of the school, participate in the religious education program and agree to becoming part of a community of learners. The core values which form the heart of St Michael’s School community include: Faith, Trust, Respect, Learning and Community.
The seven defining features of Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Cairns are the guide for our school community.
- Be a place of authentic evangelisation where faith and life are one
- Celebrate God’s abundant and abiding presence in all Creation
- Be a community nourished by life giving relationships
- Be welcoming to all who seek to share in our life
- Be a centre of vital, holistic learning
- Be a place of self-renewal and sower of change
- Build constructive covenants with all partners
I look forward to your support and participation in all our educational endeavours at St Michael’s School.