Welcome to the St Michael's School website.
St Michael’s is situated in Gordonvale, a rural, country town on the fringe of the city of Cairns. When the school was opened and blessed in 1923, it was placed under the patronage of St Alphonsus, and was known by this name during its early years of service. The original school was located in Muir Street and has now been converted into a Parish Hall. The present St Michael’s school was opened in December 1959. The Sisters of Mercy ran the school from 1923 - 1990, and the community owes a great deal to these women who worked in our Parish. The school is undergoing a major refurbishment programme to improve all facilities.